The Clemson Community Foundation is seeking an energetic and experienced fundraiser to serve as its first Executive Director.
The Clemson Community Foundation is a charitable, nonprofit organization whose purpose is to serve the local community, both now and in the future, by establishing and growing endowments. Unlike other charities, the Clemson Community Foundation’s goal is to provide long-term support and funding for the area’s residents by empowering other nonprofits to do what they do best: delivering services to those in the community. Launched in 2013, the Foundation and its volunteer board recognize the next steps in growth require an Executive Director.
The Executive Director of the Clemson Community Foundation serves under the general direction of the Board of Directors, and operates within the Foundation’s Articles of Incorporation, By-laws, Resolutions, trust agreements, policies, and guidelines, consistent with applicable Federal, State, and local laws. The Executive Director is responsible for growing the impact and influence of the Foundation throughout the area it serves. A top priority of the Executive Director is expanding and managing the Foundation’s relationships with donors, professional advisors, community leaders and key nonprofit agencies in the Foundation’s service area and to develop and grow the Foundation’s endowments.
The Executive Director will work closely with the CCF Board of Directors and its Executive Committee to establish an annual calendar and fund development activities for the Foundation. A detailed job description is available here.
- Visioning: Provides creative, strategic leadership and assists the CCF Board of Directors and committee chairs in conducting research necessary in making informed decisions, developing strategic plans to grow the Foundation, and support donor stewardship.
- Fundraising and Annual Giving Plan: Work closely with the board and other community contacts to identify potential individual and business donors. Conduct research and maintain records on current/potential donors. Cultivate donors through an annual donor solicitation campaign, making personal visits and the dissemination of program achievements. Coordinate the annual awareness campaign and mail campaign(s) to donors.
- Effective Management: Works with the Board in overseeing the management of the Foundation’s endowment, monitors and reviews banking and investment accounts, meets with money managers, and communicates fiduciaries reports to the Board.
- Stewardship and Event Planning: Assess current efforts, conduct research and create event(s) plan; develop relationships with corporations, local businesses, civic and church groups through personal visits, presentations and promotions. Solicit and obtain individual and corporate sponsorship donations for annual special event fundraisers.
- Reports: Generates and presents reports for the Chair and the Board on donors, activities, budget and outcomes.
- Volunteers and Interns: Along with the board, recruits and manages volunteers and interns for fund development activities
- Ability to develop strategic plans and annual campaigns
- Three or more years of demonstrated leadership experience in foundations, education, not-for-profit, health care, public sector or corporate sector
- Demonstrated record of meeting fundraising goals and plans
- Experience in soliciting funds directly
- Experience in developing financial plans and budgets
- Experience with providing administrative leadership and support for Boards of Directors
- Experience in event planning
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of two years of experience
Please submit a Letter of Interest and Resume to the Clemson Community Foundation using the upload links on this page. Alternatively, the materials may be emailed to Info (at) ClemsonCommunityFoundation.org or mailed to CCF Search Committee, P.O. Box 1503, Clemson, SC 29633. Nominations accepted 10/12/2018 – 11/13/2018. Review of applications by the Search Committee begins 11/13/2018.
Pay Range: Commensurate with qualifications
The Clemson Community Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.